Dear I Can't Feel God's Presence,
Our spiritual journey is a lot like driving in your car while listening to
the radio. Imagine what it would be like to tune the radio to your favorite
station, then a few miles down the road, suddenly lose the signal.
That's how it is with God. Sometimes we hear His voice or signal so clearly in our lives. At other times He is silent. That can mean one of two things:
1. You've driven out of range of the signal of His voice. (Though He never
stops loving you.)
2. You are experiencing a quiet phase of not hearing God's voice to develop your faith and to prepare your heart to be right with Him.
I've experienced these situations myself. Sometimes I hear God's voice loud and clear. He speaks and I feel his sweet presence. Other times, I've run ahead of God or taken a path He hadn't meant for me and I have to turn around to see where I left Him.
Then there are times God wants me to WAIT on Him. He wants me to believe and WAIT until He feels I'm ready to hear His voice. That happens when God wants me to grow in my faith, to believe in Him, even when He's not making me aware of His presence.
Here's what I recommend to you:
1. We need other believers for encouragement. Find a church home. See if you can find a small Bible study of people in your age range. Call some of the bigger churches in your area and see if they have anything to offer for your age group. This could be a home Bible study or a Sunday school class. CLICK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO FIND A CHURCH: Evangelical Free Church, Lutheran ELCA , any , any , Presbyterian , any Christian , Assemblies of God , Mennonite , any Bible believing , for travelers , Christian , Methodist ,
2. Listen to inspirational music. There's a lot of Christian music in
different styles. Maybe you've got a great Christian radio station in your area
or maybe you can find one on the web that plays a style of Christian music that
speaks to you like http://www.klove.com/listen/.
You can also go to a Christian bookstore and listen to their CDs until you find
something that helps you to feel worshipful.
3. Take time to read the Bible. If you don't have a Bible, there are versions available on the web that you can download. Gospel Book of John
4. Read the book, Purpose Driven Life. This is a great Bible study and you need to have the Word in your life every day.
5. Take our New Believer Bible Study. CLICK HERE: What do you do next?
6. Ask for God's hellp to clean up the sin in your life. It's impossible to feel the depth of his presence in your life when you are involved in sin like: 1. Drug abuse; 2. Porn and/or sex outside of marriage; 3. Bitterness at others (ask God to give you the power to forgive even if the person you are angry at does not deserve it.) 4. ETC...
6. Read the instant download, Grief Relief.
7. Listen to free, encouraging downloads at www.BestCDDownloads.com
Don't do anything to harm yourself. You are so loved. Please give your situation time, please allow God time to move. He may be waiting for you to give in to Him, to say, God I will trust you, no matter what. Try trusting God and see what will happen.
Also, please go in for a medical checkup and tell your doctor about how you feel emotionally. Your doctor may have medications that can help you get over this 'bump' in the road.
Also, I highly recommend counseling. You may find a pastor in your church or other local church or some other professional who will understand and help you with your struggles.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!
Are you ready to say Yes to Jesus, if so, CLICK
If you would like to take the questionnaire again, CLICK HERE.
Join the RIGHT TO THE HEART mailing list below for Ten Days of Encouragement:
IN PAIN? CLICK HERE!
CAN'T BE FORGIVEN? CLICK HERE!
you are in need of counseling, check out our free counseling resources
(phone number and webpage listed below.)
If Only My Life Could Be Different
To: Teen Girl
To: Teen Boy
To: I Almost Died From a Suicide Attempt
To: Discouraged Man
To: Discouraged Woman
To: Wife of Unfaithful Husband
To: Husband of Unfaithful Wife
To: I'd be better off Dead
To: Unwed Teen Mom
To: I Can't Feel God's Presence
To: I'm still in love with my remarried Ex.
To: Discouraged Pastor
To: I Lost My Job
To: I Do What I Shouldn't
To: I'm Addicted to Porn
To: God Doesn't Hear or Help me
To: My Children Would be Better Off Without Me
To: I Feel Overwhelmed
To: My mother does not love me.
To: If I Commit Suicide, Will I Go To Hell?
To: My Friend Won't Speak to Me.
To: I Need Prayer
To: God Has Forgotten Me?
To: How Can I Tell My Parents I'm Depressed?
To: I am Angry at Myself!
To: I have Anorexia.
To: My Parents Won't Let Me Attend Church
To: Life Stinks!
To: Help, Others Make Fun of Me!
To: What If I Belong to the Devil?
To: I Can't Quit Thinking About Suicide.
To: I Betrayed Someone!
To: Getting 'Saved' Will Not Stop Someone From Committing Suicide
To: I Betrayed Someone!
To: Someone Betrayed ME!.
To: I'm not sure I really know God.
To: I am SO Depressed.
To: I have BOY trouble.
To: I have GIRL trouble.
To: I hooked up with my boyfriend, then he left/betrayed me.
To: I May Have Committed the Unpardonable Sin
To: I am Afraid
P.S.S. If you are at risk to harm yourself, please go to the hospital, call
911, or call
1800 - SUICIDE
Suicide Prevention Hotline:
National Suicide Hotline:
Also, note there is live, free, Christian counseling available through the wonderful people at New Hope.
You can call: 714 NEW-HOPE (639-4673)
or go directly to their web site and chat live at:
Instant Download: Grief Relief
Please read our Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions